Turkey & Veg Meatloaf
This is not just your regular old boring meatloaf. This delicious dish is full of nutrients leaving you satisfied and nourished. This dish is also great to sneak more veggies into your diet. You kids might not even realize they are eating spinach.
This recipe calls for ground turkey BUT probably 99.9% of the time I will make this with ground Elk or Deer. Because that’s what we have in the freezer. SO feel free to change up this recipe to add your preferred ground meat.
HERE IS THE MACRO BREAKDOWN
PROTEIN | Turkey + Eggs
FAT | Egg yolks
FIBER | Spinach, Green PeppersPrint
- 3 lbs Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Red Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Green Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Spinach (thinly chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and combine well. NOTE: You will get a better mix by mixing with your hands.
- Half the mixture and mold into loaf shape, creating 2 loafs. Place the 2 loafs on the lined baking sheet with enough space between the two for even cooking.
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes (ovens vary) until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Slice and serve this meatloaf with a NO sugar added ketchup and any one of your favorite steamed vegetable combos (I like mine with Brussel sprouts!). This meatloaf also holds well – keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main Course
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am an Elite Fitness Trainer and a health and lifestyle blogger! I am a wife to my Amazing husband, Mom of two fabulous kids, and two dogs. We try our best to live a happy and healthy life.