Super Detox Salad
This salad tastes amazing! And who doesn’t like a clean healthy anti-inflammatory detox? =) This super detox salad is full of health benefits.
Sidebar Ads to be installed into Wordpress text widgets:
Let’s talk about the dressing ingredients.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Can help acid reflux, lower blood pressure, improve diabetes and support weight loss.
The benefits of apple cider vinegar come from its powerful healing compounds, which include acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics, and enzymes.
Turmeric is a powerful spice with an impressive list of uses and benefits. It’s known for its antioxidant content and ability to work as an anti-inflammatory. This common culinary spice is prized in many cuisines around the world and with good reason.
Here are some of the Benefits:
- Fighting inflammation
- As an antioxidant
- Protects the heart in various ways
- Helpful for arthritis
- Brain boosting
- Maybe helpful for fighting diabetes and cancer
The health benefits of lemon are due to its many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium iron magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, and protein. It is a fruit that contains flavonoids, which are composites that contain antioxidant and cancer-fighting properties. It helps to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, indigestion and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair, and teeth.
The dressing sounds pretty amazing now, doesn’t it!! Now let’s look at the main ingredients!
Leafy greens are a good source of beta-carotene as well as iron and calcium. Dark green leafy vegetables such as kale and chard are also high in lutein and zeaxanthin. The micro greens are four- to 40-fold more concentrated with nutrients than their mature counterparts. red cabbage microgreens had 40 times more vitamin E and six times more vitamin C than mature red cabbage. Cilantro microgreens had three times more beta-carotene than mature cilantro.
Asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K, folate, copper, selenium, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin B3, potassium, choline, vitamin A, zinc, iron, protein, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid.
Avocado is considered as a unique type of fruit due to its important nutrients such as antioxidants, which are essential for a healthy diet.
Unlike most fruits that consist primarily of carbohydrates, avocado is high in healthy fats as well as other potent nutrients, making it very beneficial for your health.
They contain a lot of fiber, vitamins, and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C and B-vitamins, potassium, and copper.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups mixed baby spinach and kale
- 1 or 2 Persian cucumbers (, sliced)
- 6 to 8 asparagus stalks (, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- ½ cup microgreens
- 1 avocado (, pitted, peeled, and cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a salad bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the salad ingredients and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Divide the salad between two plates and serve.
- Option to top with protein such as 4 ounces of chicken, salmon, or shrimp.