Spicy Egg Muffins
Want to spice up your breakfast? Try these spicy egg muffins are so good, quick and easy. They are perfect to add to your meal prep Sunday freeze simply warm them up n the morning for a quick and easy to go breakfast. Just use this recipe as a guide and make it your own. Add different veggies or add your favorite protein. They freeze really well.Print
These egg muffins can be baked in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer for a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast anytime.
- 18 Large Eggs
- 1 LB Chorizo (Nitrate Free)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 medium Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1 1 Hot Pepper (Whatever is your favorite, diced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 24 silicone muffin liners on a rimmed baking sheet (or split up onto 2 baking sheets). If not using silicone muffins liners, grease two 12-cup muffin tins with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet until completely cooked through, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Drain out any extra grease.
- Add approximately 1 tsp each of the onion and bell pepper to the bottom of the muffin cups. If you have leftovers, divide them evenly in the cups.
- Divide the chorizo evenly between the 24 muffin cups.
- Beat all the eggs in a large bowl and add salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth, making sure to get all the yolks incorporated.
- Scoop 1/4 of the whisked egg into each muffin cup. If there are any leftover eggs, divide evenly or fill up any smaller cups.
- Sprinkle the hot pepper on top of all the muffin cups evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the egg comes out clean.
- Serve hot. If storing these, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or store in the freezer for up to one month. If freezing, it’s best to use a FoodSaver bag to prevent frost from accumulating.
Hi!! I'm Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am a wife, mom of two an oil lover, and an educator. I believe health is a multi-faceted journey that I approached holistically. Therefore, as a personal trainer, health coach, wife, mother, lover of nature, all to help live a more abundant life.