Its that time of year!
Did you know that April 23rd is National Picnic Day?!
I am hoping the weather will be nice so we can have a picnic dinner on National Picnic Day!
I have always enjoyed a good picnic from driving up to the mountains to a backyard picnic with my kids.
When my husband and first started dating we went on a lot of fun picnics, we would drive somewhere preferably in the mountains and where there was a lake, river or stream so Ryan could get a little fishing in.
What are your favorite picnic dishes you like to make?
Here is a quick and healthy smoked turkey and avocado roll! These are great for lunch as well.
Smoked Turkey and Avocado RollPrint
These are delicious and easy to make. You can switch the recipe up add ham or add ham and turkey. I have also added a long slice of cucumber, you can really get creative with this turkey avocado roll.
- 1/2 Avocado
- Lemon juice (season to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper. (season to taste)
- 1 Large Romaine lettuce leaf
- 3 Slices Smoked Turkey (Nitrate Free)
- Cucumber Sliced
- Mash avocado; lemon juice, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread on a large Romaine lettuce leaf.
- Top with smoked turkey, and cucumber.
- Roll up into another large lettuce leaf.
- Secure with a toothpick or two.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Lunch
- Serving Size: 1
I would love to hear what your favorite picnic location as well as a favorite picnic dish.
Until next time!
Your friend and Coach,
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, I am so glad you are here! I am a wife to my amazing husband and a Mom of two fabulous kids.