Welcome to our the eleventh day of cookies!
Day 11 of 12 Days of Cookies!
On the Eleventh Day of Cookies, my trainer gave to me…
Smooth dark chocolate, a peppermint coconut butter layer, and crushed candy canes is the perfect combination for a healthy Christmas candy.Print
Smooth dark chocolate, a peppermint coconut butter layer, and crushed candy canes are the perfect combination for a healthy Christmas candy. These are Gluten-Free, Holiday, Paleo, Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup coconut butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 candy canes or crushed peppermint candies
- Place chocolate chips in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water and melt until the chocolate is a smooth consistency.
- Pour melted chocolate into an 8×8 inch pan lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to let chocolate solidify.
- Slightly melt the coconut oil and coconut butter until it’s a thick icing consistency. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Take the pan out of the freezer and spread coconut mixture over the chocolate using a rubber spatula.
- Top with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies. Place in the freezer to set completely (about 1-2 hours)
- Once set, remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
- Store in freezer.
- If you do not have a double boiler, you can create one by placing a small pot into a slightly larger pot that is filled with a small amount of water.
- Use refined coconut oil if you don’t want a strong coconut flavor.
- If you are concerned about artificial colors and flavors in candy canes, I suggest buying a brand that fits those needs! During the holidays you should be able to find them in health food stores.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 inch piece
- Calories: 152kcal
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated Fat: 12.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1.2g
Keywords: Christmas, Gluten Free, Holiday, Paleo, Plant Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, Christmas candy recipe, Christmas dessert recipe, food gift Christmas
See you tomorrow for another sweet treat! =)
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am an Elite Fitness Trainer and a health and lifestyle blogger! I am a wife to my Amazing husband, Mom of two fabulous kids, and two fur babies. We try our best to live a healthy and happy non-toxic lifestyle.