Thanksgiving is a special tradition filled with family, friends, lots of food and alcohol. You can enjoy your Thanksgiving while accomplishing your weight loss and health goals, all while enjoy your favorite holiday foods. No need to worry. There is a way to enjoy your Thanksgiving and still keep your nutrition and exercise goals.
Did you know that the average person will consume approximately 2500-3000 additional calories during the Thanksgiving eat-a-thon?
Sidebar Ads to be installed into Wordpress text widgets:
I’ve put together this Ebook with my tips for having a Happy, Healthy Thanksgiving. Plus healthy holiday recipes, a workout to get you all ready for Thanksgiving! Download below!
No need to throw your diet to the wind during this special time. You can enjoy your day with out over doing it! Download my ebook for my Happy Healthy thanksgiving tips and more.
Try these fun Healthier Holiday Recipes!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- In a medium size pot bring water to boil over high heat.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
- Garnish with chives.
Hint: Try roasting the garlic and adding a little fresh rosemary for a
whole new taste.
Cocunut + Rum
Try this low carb, low calorie drink. Coconut Bai is an antioxidant infused drink with only 5 calories. Add a 1 ounce of rum to make a healthier adult beverage. our welcome!
Another option add ice and blend for a frozen healthier Pina Colada.
Hi!! I'm Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am a wife, mom of two an oil lover, and an educator. I believe health is a multi-faceted journey that I approached holistically. Therefore, as a personal trainer, health coach, wife, mother, lover of nature, all to help live a more abundant life.