Fit Friday- Self Care
During this month our I wanted to focus today on Self-Care. I am all about nourishing our minds and bodies from the inside out.
What Do We Mean by ‘Self-Care’?
Self-care can mean any number of things, but sometimes it can be mistaken for self-indulgence. This is far from the truth: While self-care can definitely feel indulgent, it’s nothing to be ashamed of!
In reality, the majority of us take too little time for our own self-care. It doesn’t mean expensive spa days or “me time” at the mall (though it very well may take those forms if it feels right). Rather, self-care is about ensuring that you get all of your basic needs met. A lot of us spend too much time stressing about things like work, social commitments, social media, family obligations and self-expectations. It can leave us feeling anxious, exhausted and overwhelmed.
Sidebar Ads to be installed into Wordpress text widgets:
You know when you fly the Flight Attendant says in case of an emergency we need to put the air mask on ourselves before helping others. It’s important that we take care of ourselves so we can BETTER help others.
So, what exactly are our basic needs? Here are a few of the areas where a lot of us could use some TLC:
- Eating nourishing, healthy food that makes our bodies and minds feel good
- Engaging in creative, fun activities that help us relax
- Quieting the mind, allowing us to be in the moment and to achieve real relaxation
- Creating a lifestyle that we enjoy
- Getting healthy physical activity and exercise
- Taking time for yourself, enjoy some quiet time.
The way we think or talk about ourselves is also important. It is important to think and be positive about ourselves. If you are struggling in this area or don’t know where to start below I have 5 affirmations for positivity and peace!
5 Affirmations for Positivity and Peace
- “My self-esteem is high because I honor who I am.”
- “Life brings me only good experiences. I am open to new and wonderful changes.”
- “Nourishing myself is a joyful experience, and I am worth the time spent on my healing.”
- “Every decision I make is the right one for me.”
- “We are all family, and the planet is our home.
When things get stressful AKA #momlife I take a DEEP Cleanings Breathe and think to myself I will be patient and kind.
Or May I be…
Try diffusing some of these blends! I love the way these make my home smell and bring me peace and joy! Learn more click here:
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Your Friend and Coach,
Hi!! I'm Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am a wife, mom of two an oil lover, and an educator. I believe health is a multi-faceted journey that I approached holistically. Therefore, as a personal trainer, health coach, wife, mother, lover of nature, all to help live a more abundant life.