Here’a s hearty, flavorful, veggie filled chili recipe that is sure to please the whole family. Bonus: it can be made in the slow cooker!
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 7–9 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 cups Zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 cups Carrot (shredded)
- 3 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lbs Ground Grass Fed Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 4 cups Beef or Chicken Bone Broth
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Mix in chili powder, basil, oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in peppers, zucchini, and carrots until well blended.
- Cook for about 1 minute over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, beans and meat.
- Add bone broth and quinoa to achieve desired consistency then simmer for an hour or until it’s done.
- Quick tip for busy mommas: Brown the meat and then throw all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it cook on low!
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am an Elite Fitness Trainer and a health and lifestyle blogger! I am a wife to my Amazing husband, Mom of two fabulous kids, and two dogs. We try our best to live a happy and healthy life.