- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 lb grass fed beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/4 cup chicken bone broth, (low-sodium)
- 2 cups salsa (no sugar added)
- 2 tsp taco seasoning ((msg-free))
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or green onions
- Over medium heat, in a skillet, cook the onion and ground turkey. The turkey should be cooked until it’s no longer pink. Drain off any fat, then push the turkey to one side of the skillet. Add the rice and toast for about 1 minute.
- Add the broth, 1 cup salsa, 1 cup diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, corn, and the beans. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper. If it starts to dry up, just add a little more broth. Turn off the burner.
- Mix in the cheese. It will melt with the heat.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with the remaining tomatoes, salsa, and chives. You can also garnish it with fresh avocado, and lettuce.