Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Easter is almost here! What are your plans and traditions for Easter? We usually do Easter brunch with the family and then we go for a hike if the weather is nice. Decorate easter eggs and look for eggs around the house an yard. This year shoud be super fun with hidding all the eggs throughout the property!
If you still have to make some Easter baskets, check out my Candy-Free Easter Basket ideas or my Healthy Easter Recipe Blog Post
You will love these fresh and delicious gluten-free keto carrot cupcakes!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature or melted
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans, plus more for topping
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Grass-Fed butter
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and coconut palm sugar.
- Stir in applesauce, shredded carrots, eggs, coconut oil, shredded coconut, chopped pecans, and pineapple. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into paper liners in muffin pan, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated so it doesn’t get blown into the air.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then bring to room temperature before using.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
I hope you are having a great day!!
Your Friend and Coach,
Hi!! I’m Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am an Elite Fitness Trainer and a health and lifestyle blogger! I am a wife to my Amazing husband, Mom of two fabulous kids, and two dogs. We try our best to live a happy and healthy life.