You must try these healthy protein packed baked donuts! You can really get creative on flavor. The picture above I make with chocolate protein powder. These baked donuts are great for a quick and easy breakfast or dessert. I would recommend eat them with a side of bacon and eggs.
My kids love these and totally freaked out the day I made them! “You made DONUTS!?!?!” I just love seeing their excitement over these healthy baked donuts. These did not last very long in our house they are pretty much gone as soon as they are glazed. Comment below and tell me what you think of this recipe. I’d love to hear how you liked them.Print
- 3/4 `cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup stevia in the raw ((or sweetener of choice))
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice ((optional) flavor ideas below! :))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease doughnut pan with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into greased doughnut pan until wells are 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before carefully removing the donuts from the pan.
Sidebar Ads to be installed into Wordpress text widgets:
BONUS: Kristin’s Favorite Flavor Ideas • Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, stevia + pumpkin pie spice) • Apple Pie (apple pie spice + thinly sliced apple chunks) • Blueberry Lemon (fresh blueberries + 2 tsp lemon juice) • Maple Glazed (melt coconut oil + sugar free maple syrup as frosting) • Coconut (dipped in melted coconut oil + unsweetened coconut) • Chocolate (add unsweetened cocoa powder to your donut batter) • Jelly Filled (add some sugar-free jelly in the middle!)
Hi!! I'm Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am a wife, mom of two an oil lover, and an educator. I believe health is a multi-faceted journey that I approached holistically. Therefore, as a personal trainer, health coach, wife, mother, lover of nature, all to help live a more abundant life.