The clean, fresh aroma of Cypress essential oil promotes vitality and energy, while topical application helps to invigorate the senses.
Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. It has a grounding, yet stimulating effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
- Promotes vitality and energy
- Helps improve the appearance of oily skin
- Commonly diffused with citrus oils for an uplifting arom
Top 15 Uses for Cypress
- Cypress oil is useful to help with breathing difficulties. Mix 1-2 drops with a carrier oil and rub it on your chest, or add 3-4 drops to your diffuser and diffuse to support healthy breathing.
- Mix 1-2 drops of Cypress oil and 1-2 drops of Grapefruit Oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and rub on problem skin areas to help give skin a firmer, more youthful appearance.
- Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. Make a DIY Facial Serum and use daily to eliminate the oily skin problems that you have been dealing with.
- Cypress oil is great for those who are exercising regularly to improve muscle tone. You can mix 2-3 drops in a carrier oil and massage over the area of muscle fatigue. You can also add several drops to your bath water and enjoy a refreshing, hot bath that calms those aching muscles.
- When 1-2 drops are added to a cold compress (such as a washcloth), Cypress oil is very effective to help stop a nosebleed.
- You can make a soothing, cleansing, deodorizing foot bath to comfort those tired, smelly, aching feet after a day on your feet. Add several drops to the warm water in your footbath, and enjoy the renewing comfort from the oil.
- Cypress oil is effective in supporting better circulation for those who have unhealthy circulation concerns. Mix 1-2 drops in a carrier oil, and massage your arms and legs, moving your hands toward your heart. Massage 1-2 drops directly over the heart.
- It can alleviate some of the occasional discomforts related to your monthly menstrual cycle. Apply 2 diluted drops to the lower abdomen, and cover with a heating pad or hot compress.
- If you are experiencing temporary muscle spasms that you cannot seem to control, try massaging several drops of Cypress Oil into the areas of concern, if possible, or on the reflex points of the feet.
- A salve can be an effective way to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Try making your own Cypress salve with this DIY Soothing Salve recipe. The addition of Cypress oil to the other oils in this recipe creates an invigorating vapor that can be useful during winter months. This salve has the texture of petroleum jelly and can be customized to fit your needs.
- Needing the energy to get up and run? Don’t sweat it, just apply Cypress essential oil to your feet and legs prior to a long run. The vitalizing sensation of Cypress essential oil on your skin will give you the motivational boost you need to endure and enjoy your long run.
- Cypress essential oil is known for its skin benefits. Don’t miss out on Cypress oil’s amazing qualities. Topically apply Cypress essential oil for a cleansing and calming effect.
- Fill your home with the scent of fresh forest air by using this essential oil diffuser blend. Add two drops of Cypress, three drops Siberian Fir, and one drop Cedarwood for a refreshing, woodsy aroma. These three tree-based oils will give you the feel of a fresh evergreen forest that will be perfect for any outdoor lover.
- Are you wanting a renewed and fresh look for your skin? Try using the topical benefits of Cypress essential oil by adding it to doTERRA’s unscented Spa Hand & Body Lotion. This homemade, Cypress-infused lotion can also be used for its aromatic benefits to produce a grounding and stimulating scent when applied.
- Give yourself a little piece of relaxation at the end of the day by using Cypress essential oil in a bath. For optimal results, add a half cup of Epsom salt and three drops of Cypress essential oil to a warm tub to help your body relax and revitalize after a stressful day.
DIY FACIAL SERUM RECIPE
- 50ml glass dropper bottle (we use old stevia bottles)
- 4 Tablespoons of Almond oil or Argan Oil
- 10 drops each of Lavender, Frankincense, and Cypress Essential Oils
- Empty 2 capsules of Vitamin E (OPTIONAL)
- Add everything to your glass dropper bottle. Shake.
- Apply at night before bed!
Sidebar Ads to be installed into Wordpress text widgets:
Hi!! I'm Kristin McConnell, creator of Innovative Health & Fitness, I am a wife, mom of two an oil lover, and an educator. I believe health is a multi-faceted journey that I approached holistically. Therefore, as a personal trainer, health coach, wife, mother, lover of nature, all to help live a more abundant life.