Healthy Easter Recipes
Easter is here! Below are a few healthy dishes you can include in this year’s Easter dinner. What are your plans and traditions for Easter? We usually do Easter brunch with the family and then we go for a hike if the weather is nice. If you still have to make some Easter baskets, check out our Candy-Free Easter Basket ideas We’ve also got some great brunch recipes and my personal favorite trick for making hard boiled eggs that are super easy to peel. Trust me, it’s a game changer!!
- 1 pound baby (or regular) carrots, peeled
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking pan, mix the carrots with the extra virgin olive oil, half of the balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Take out the carrots, shake the pan to move the carrots then add the remaining balsamic vinegar and the sunflower seeds
- Roast for another 5 minutes or until they are tender.
Garnish with the fresh thyme.
- 10lbs ham (Nitrate Free)
- 1 (32 ounces) can pineapple juice
- 2teaspoons ground cloves
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cups Coconut Sugar
- Place all except ham in a roaster pan, stirring well till coconut sugar is dissolved.
- Trim outer skin from ham, make a slit with a knife on the bottom, sides, and top of ham.
- Place ham in juice mixture and bake covered at 350 for at least a couple of hours.
- Baste well with baster every 30 minutes until done.
- 1 package 112-ounce mini sweet peppers
- Lime Juice
- Cilantro Small handful, chopped
- 1 T Hot Sauce or Salsa
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled (Nitrate Free)
- Slice the tops of the peppers off and cut in half and remove seeds. Lay halved peppers in a single layer on the tray.
- Assemble the guacamole by mashing the avocados with a fork, lime juice, cilantro, hot sauce and a good pinch of salt.
- Spread avocado into the pepper halves.
- Top with bacon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Healthy Avocado Deviled Eggs
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2-1 mashed avocado
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dill weed, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolk from whites and set in a bowl.
- Add avocado, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Mix together until creamy.
- Spoon or pipe filling into empty whites. Garnish with paprika.
2/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup peanut powder
2 tbsp Stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
3.5 oz dark chocolate
- Combine peanut butter, peanut flour, sweetener, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. You may need to knead it with your hands to incorporate all the peanut flour. Divide into 12 pieces and shape into eggs. Put on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. I normally microwave in short increments stirring every 20-30 seconds. To cover the eggs it is easiest to pick one up and spread the bottom with chocolate using a small spatula. Put it back down on the tray chocolate side down. Once you’ve done all the bottoms you can use the spatula to spread the chocolate on the tops and sides.
Until next time!