💕Happy Valentines Day! 💕
Today is a wonderful day to remind those who we love how special they are to us! It is also another day with millions of unhealthy Valentine‘s treats we see everywhere, I want to remind you that you don’t have to sacrifice your health to enjoy yummy treats. You just have to find ways to make delicious yet healthy food at home. I have some delicious healthy recipes for you!
Frozen Yogurt-Covered Strawberries
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 2 hours 15 minutes (including freezing time)
- 1 pint very ripe organic strawberries, preferably local
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla-flavored Greek-style yogurt
- LIFT the leaves of the strawberries away from the fruit gently, leaving intact but providing something to grasp. Holding the berry by the leaves and ‘neck’, dip in the yogurt until it’s 90 percent submerged. Remove and place inverted (leaf-side down) on a wire rack, placed so that it can freeze tip-side up (this may take some patience, but the berries will rest this way on a wire rack). Repeat with remaining strawberries and yogurt. Freeze for 1 hour.
- REMOVE berries from freezer and repeat, coating berries with a second layer of yogurt. Freeze for another hour, or until ready to serve.
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2.5 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-5 large organic strawberries
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the strawberries. Mix well until completely smooth and chocolaty. Taste, if you like a richer chocolate, add more cocoa.
- Rinse strawberries.
- Dip strawberries into chocolate yogurt.
- Eat, enjoy!
- Parfaits can be made and put in the fridge to eat later. You can keep them for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Don’t use fat free Greek yogurt. It adds too much tang, taking away from the richness needed for the chocolate flavor.
Healthy Flour-less Brownies
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any smooth nut butter)
- 3 medium, overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees
- Grease a small cake pan or loaf pan and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, nut butter and cocoa powder and mix very well
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.