Happy Cinco De Mayo and Happy Friday to everyone!!!!!
My family and I love Mexican food! In fact we have Taco Tuesday every week! =) Remember the Lego Movie? Ever since then my kids have seen that movie that have wanted Taco Tuesday!
So how can you enjoy your Mexican and not kill your meal plan for the day?!
I did my workout today (get my workout here) and I’ve been on track all day! Plus been making sure to drink plenty of water! *** Try and drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day!
Here are some clean and healthy recipes for you to try for your celebration!!!! I’ve even added a couple energizing margarita’s recipes!!
- 4 avocados mashed
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 limes Freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
Mix the avocados, tomatoes, and onion in a serving bowl. Add garlic, lime juice, and cilantro one by one, stirring well with each addition. Taste the guac (quality control!) and season to your liking.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium green (and/or red, yellow) bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb grass fed beef sirloin cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
- 1/2 cup salsa (no sugar added)
- 8 low carb tortilas warmed
- 4 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- lime wedge
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture, yogurt, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Skinny Burrito Bowls
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 lb grass fed beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/4 cup chicken bone broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups salsa no sugar added
- 2 tsp taco seasoning (msg-free)
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chives or green onions
Over medium heat, in a skillet, cook the onion and ground turkey. The turkey should be cooked until it's no longer pink. Drain off any fat, then push the turkey to one side of the skillet. Add the rice and toast for about 1 minute.
Add the broth, 1 cup salsa, 1 cup diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, corn, and the beans. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper. If it starts to dry up, just add a little more broth. Turn off the burner.
Mix in the cheese. It will melt with the heat.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with the remaining tomatoes, salsa, and chives. You can also garnish it with fresh avocado, and lettuce.
Super fresh, skinny margaritas made with fresh lime juice, orange juice and agave nectar.
- Kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
- 2 ounces Silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge or round for garnish
Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Slice off a small piece of lime and run the wet edge of the slice along half of the rim of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and orange juice and agave nectar. Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Pomegranate MargaritasCourse: DrinksServings: 1Ingredients
- 1 1/2 oz Don Juilio Blanco Tequila Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- Splash Cointreau
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Lemom
- 2 slices Orange
- Splash POM juice
- Splash of Refine Mixers Margarita OR TRES AGAVES Margarita mix
- Splash soda water
- Pink sugar for garnish only
*Pour tequila in a martini shaker with lots of ice. Squeeze 1 full lime, 1 half lemon, 1 slice of an orange. Splash POMJuice, splash Cointreau and splash Margarita mix (only a SPLASH!!). Garnish a glass with pink sugar. Shake for about 30 seconds and pour over ice. Add soda water to the top (do this AFTER you shake everything up) Garnish with an orange slice!
Your Friend and Coach,