You will love these fresh and delicious gluten-free keto carrot cupcakes!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup organic coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature or melted
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans, plus more for topping
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Grass-Fed butter
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and coconut palm sugar.
- Stir in applesauce, shredded carrots, eggs, coconut oil, shredded coconut, chopped pecans, and pineapple. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into paper liners in muffin pan, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated so it doesn’t get blown into the air.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then bring to room temperature before using.