Happy 4th of July!
Thank you to everyone who has fought and those who continue to fight for the Freedom we enjoy each and every day! July is one of my Favorite months. Time for BBQ’s, friends and family. I love going to the park to watch the fireworks with my family. It’s also my birthday month. With all the parties and party food, it can be hard to stick
Super fresh, skinny margaritas made with fresh lime juice, orange juice and agave nectar.
- Kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
- 2 ounces Silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce Fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge or round (for garnish)
- Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Slice off a small piece of lime and run the wet edge of the slice along half of the rim of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed lime and orange juice and agave nectar. Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Chicken & Spinach Bake
Chicken & Spinach Bake delicious quick meal you will want to add to your Sunday meal prep! In less than an hour, you will be enjoying a delicious healthy dinner. If you prefer kale over spinach then just simply make the swap. Print
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 10 oz frozen spinach (, thawed and drained (or a bag of fresh spinach cooked till wilted))
- 1 or 1 1⁄2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder and boil until cooked. (I used about 2 lbs of uncooked chicken)
- While chicken is cooking, grease an 8×8 baking dish with olive or coconut oil and preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together yogurt and spices. Add cheese and spinach.
- Once Chicken is cooked, take out and cut into cubes or shred, depending on how you like it. Add to mixture.
- Spread into baking dish and sprinkle a LITTLE more parmesan cheese on top. Bake for about 40 minutes or until it gets slightly brown.
Have you tried flavored popcorn? If you haven’t I highly recommend trying it! Homemade air popcorn doesn’t have to be boring! Say hello to Flavored Popcorn yes, please! When you make homemade popcorn you are in control of the ingredients. You can get creative and totally make it to your liking. The recipe I have below is for a healthy
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2-2 cups kale (washed and removed from rib)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Coconut or olive oil
- salt, pepper and paprika (to taste)
- parmesan cheese, enough to sprinkle on top
- Heat large skillet over medium-low. Add oil to grease pan and half of the garlic and chopped onion. Sauté for about a minute.
- Add kale, a sprinkle of salt and cook until slightly wilted. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil if needed and the rest of the garlic.
- Split the chicken breasts, so they are not as thick. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place chicken in skillet and lightly brown one side. Flip each piece and top with kale and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Cover and let chicken cook through.
- Calories: 170
- 2 can water-packed tuna (drained)
- celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Use black pepper to taste.
Makes 2 servings salad or on a low carb wrap.
Turkey & Veg Meatloaf
This is not just your regular old boring meatloaf. This delicious dish is full of nutrients leaving you satisfied and nourished. This dish is also great to sneak more veggies into your diet. You kids might not even realize they are eating spinach.
This recipe calls for ground turkey BUT probably 99.9%
Easy Healthy snack or dessert treat!
- 1 Apple (Sliced)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- Salted Caramel Greek Yogurt (Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt)
- 1. Combine protein powder and Greek yogurt together. Mix well
- 2. Slice apple
- 3. Dip sliced apple in to dip and enjoy!
- Calories: 290
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Avocado (mashed)
- 1 cup Cooked Chicken (cubed or shredded)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Peppr
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Celery (Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 Cup Grapes (Chopped)
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
- Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortillas
- 1. Scoop avocado into a bowl. Mash with fork. Stir in Greek yogurt.
- 2. Fold in chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder.
- 3. When combined, add celery, onion, grapes and lime juice. Stop to combine.
- 4. Spread mixture onto tortillas. (Makes about 4 smaller wraps or about 2 larger burrito size wraps)
- 5. Spread a few slices avocado on top and roll up. Slice in half and serve. Leftovers store well in the refrigerator in air-tight container.
These are delicious and easy to make. I make them for my husbands lunch a lot as well as for me. You can switch the recipe up add ham or add ham and turkey. I have also added a long slice of cucumber, you can really get creativive with this turkey avocado roll. Print
- 1/2 Avocado
- Lemon juice (season to taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper. (season to taste)
- 1 Large Romaine lettuce leaf
- 3 Slices Smoked Turkey (Nitrate Free)
- 2 TBSP Salsa
- 1. Mash avocado; lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- 2. Spread on a large Romaine lettuce leaf.
- 3. Top with smoked turkey, salsa.
- 4. Roll up into another large lettuce leaf.
- 5. Serve with 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers.
Clean Blueberry Yogurt Oat Cookie Ingredients • 1 cup stevia • 1 1/2 cups plain (no sugar added) Greek yogurt 1 large egg, beaten • 1 teaspoon vanilla • 2 cups oat flour • 2 teaspoons baking powder • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1 cup fresh blueberries Directions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease several baking sheets, or line them
About the Author
Hi! I'm a Proud Mama ???? Married to my best friend. I'm a Certified Fitness & ? Nutrition Trainer. Living in Colorado! Helping others live a Happy, Healthy & Strong ?? www.ihffitclub.com